A Living Museum Nottingham
Nottinghamshire folk have been Framework Knitting for over 400 years. Isn’t it time you joined us?
- Discover how the Knitters lived and worked
- Visit the workshops and see a Framework Knitter in action
- Create your own souvenir on a circular knitting machine
- Explore the garden, the wash house and other period buildings
- View our historic collection of hosiery including Queen Victoria’s stockings
- See the poor living and working conditions, which gave rise to the Luddite revolt
- Discover the craft, which gave birth to the Nottingham Lace Industry
Visit Nottingham’s working textile museum todayShop in our Textile Emporium and support contemporary crafts.
Relax in the museum tea-room or enjoy refreshments on the lawn.