A Living Museum
Nottinghamshire folk have been Framework Knitting for over 400 years. Isn’t it time you joined us?
- Discover how the Knitters lived and worked
- Visit the workshops and see a Framework Knitter in action
- Create your own souvenir on a circular knitting machine
- Explore the garden, the wash house and other period buildings
- View our historic collection of hosiery including Queen Victoria’s stockings
- See the poor living and working conditions, which gave rise to the Luddite revolt
- Discover the craft, which gave birth to the Nottingham Lace Industry
Visit our Textile Emporium shop and support contemporary crafts.
Relax in the museum tea-room or enjoy refreshments on the lawn.
Support local museums
Visit Nottinghamshire's working textile museum today
Spring-AutumnWednesday – Saturday (and Bank Holiday Mondays)
31 March to 30 September 1.30pm – 4.30pm
(last entry at 4.00pm)
1 December to 22 March 10.00am – 3.30pm
(last entry at 3.00pm)
|0115 984 6914|
Accredited Museum 525